Friday, July 18, 2008

Deep Heat


In other words, we have to start working on the fur hats, since it's 96 degrees outside in NYC.  Just because..........
The stylists have calmed down a tiny, weensy bit, and the brides are evening out, so we have 5 minutes to start on the fur hat designs for this Fall season coming up.  Always the ever popular silver fox, reminiscent of the Dr. Zhivago we all knew and loved......and the hat made famous by the diplomats of the universe: persian lamb, done in a collapsible headwarmer, preferably with ear flaps. Very sexy, the ear flaps.  This year, we're going to reprise our fur beret, in a black calfskin, which we used for some of the hats we did for 3.1 Phillip Lim.....and in faux astrakhan, a.k.a. persian lamb, for the unfurs out there.  
The politics of using real fur is something I leave outside, on a hot day.  I was a hippie, and I love animals, and I'm a vegetarian, so fer the love of mike, leave me alone with the fur already.  Some of my customers love the stuff, and it works!  There's N-O-T-H-I-N-G that keeps me warmer in the blustery winds of deep winter.  Sam, my miniature pinscher, loves mink, and Annabelle, my toy poodle, loves anything fuzzy and warm......persian, fox, mink..........the glam in her comes out as soon as it gets cold outside.  
So the pelts are coming out............even though we're in the throes of bridal tulle, silk flowers, panama straw and Mothers-of-the-Brides, we gotta, gotta........
Think cool thoughts for my little fingers, guys..........

No comments: